Being in a vehicle accident can be traumatic and confusing. Before one occurs, it is important to be aware of the five steps you should take to protect your rights and your health. Houston car accident lawyers can also give you great advice when you need it.
If you find yourself in a collision, you should follow these five steps:
1. Get the vehicle to a safe place before you exit. Turn on your emergency four-way flashers, and do not get out until you are safely off of the road and away from traffic.
2. Call 911 if someone has been injured in the accident. Local law enforcement will probably attend the scene along with emergency personnel. If it was nothing more than a fender-bender, you can call the non-emergency line for your area to report what happened.
3. Exchange all personal information with those that were involved in the accident. This will include your car insurance details, driver’s license information, phone number, and any other pertinent information. You may also want to photograph the accident scene, the condition of the road, and the location. Do not admit fault.
4. Call your insurance company as soon as you are able to. You may need to call them if you need a tow truck provided your insurance covers that specific service. They will also arrange for an insurance adjuster to come out to check out the damage to your vehicle.
5. Contact Houston personal injury lawyers if you have been hurt in the accident. Immediately seek help if you are hurt. Remember, it is important to pay very close attention to your body after an accident, as some injuries are not as apparent right away. Houston car accident lawyers will advise you of your next step.
If you need Houston personal injury lawyers on your side, our team at Daniel Williams Law will personally work with you to make sure your injury case gets the attention it deserves. Our company is licensed to practice in both Texas and Louisiana. You might be entitled to compensation of you are hurt in a vehicular accident, so do not hesitate to call a Houston lawyer today.