Work Visa Attorney

Unfilled Work Visa Application

About Our Work Visa Attorneys

At Daniel | Williams & Associates PLLC, we understand the frustration many immigrants experience when attempting to navigate the complexities of U.S. immigration law. Fortunately, working hand-in-hand with a work visa attorney at our office can make this process much smoother. We are a small, woman, minority-owned and -operated law firm with offices in Texas and Louisiana. Clients love working with our team because our immigration attorney work visa office has over a decade of personal experience fighting to resolve a wide range of immigration law concerns.

Connect with our firm today and let us schedule a convenient time for a consultation that works for your schedule. We look forward to learning more about your case and discussing how we can help you meet your goals.

Work with an Employment Visa Attorney to Learn More About Types of Work Visas

A visa, simply stated, is a document issued by the U.S. government which allows a foreign citizen to travel to the U.S. Some visas are short-term and designed for those looking to simply visit America. Other, longer-term visas are suitable for individuals who would like to work and reside in the U.S. as naturalized citizens. Connecting with an experienced work visa attorney is a great first step in learning more about the variety of visa types you may be eligible to obtain. Currently, there are five primary categories of permanent U.S. work-based visas, also known as employment-based, or EB, categories. These include:

How Can a Work Visa Attorney in Texas and Louisiana Help?

Partnering with a skilled, knowledgeable, and experienced professional work visa lawyer is a great first step for foreign citizens looking for employment inside the U.S. Understanding the entire process, the timelines involved and the paperwork required are just a few of the ways that our team at Daniel | Williams Law Firm can assist. Beyond helping you understand the process, we can help prepare the necessary forms and represent your interests every step of the way. Our small firm is tenacious and fights hard to provide our clients with big results. Speak to a member of our immigration attorney work visa team today to learn more.

What Are the Requirements for an H-1B Visa?

In addition to the work visa categories outlined above, there is another popular category of visas used to begin careers working in the U.S. H-1B visas, also known as non-immigrant visas, are designed for those with a valid employment offer from a U.S.-based employer. These areas of employment are usually in specialty careers that require workers to have a four-year college degree or other levels of higher education.

The H-1B visa program is extremely popular in recent years. For this reason, the U.S. government places quotas on the number of H-1B visas granted each year. Early preparation and attention to detail in your application are key to gaining approval. For this reason alone, many U.S.-based employers and interested workers choose to partner with an experienced law firm to help facilitate this process. If working toward gaining an H-1B visa interests you, then pick up the phone and connect directly with a friendly member of our work visa lawyer team at Daniel | Williams Law Firm. In addition to visa-related issues, our work visa attorney firm can handle the full range of your immigration law needs in diverse areas such as:

  • Naturalization applications
  • International adoptions
  • Deportation and immigration exclusion and suspension issues
  • I-9 compliance concerns for U.S.-based employers and more

No matter what your legal needs may entail, the Daniel | Williams Law Firm stands ready to assist you today. Give us a call to learn more about the full-spectrum legal representation we deliver.

Employmee Being Discriminated

Immigration Law FAQs

What types of visas are available if I want to come to the U.S. for a visit or temporary stay?

You can choose from numerous types of visas for your visit, depending on the terms and goals of that visit, along with your own status. For instance, there are tourist visas for a leisure visit, student visas if you’re coming to the U.S. for school, visas for professional athletes, and visas for medical treatment. There are dozens of short-term visas without even considering typical immigration visas, such as those used to help reunite family members.

We can help you determine what would work best for your purposes and help you file the proper paperwork to apply. Remember that you have to abide by the length and terms of the visa, though you may also be able to change your status — by getting a green card, for instance — once you are in the United States. We can assist with all of these steps and ensure that you know exactly what is expected and required by the U.S. government.

What Does An Immigration Attorney Do?

Immigration attorneys can help with your visa application by offering expert support and advice. They can help you to fill out the paperwork correctly, understand which visa option is best for you, and submit the paperwork on your behalf.

They can then chase the paperwork if it takes too long and explain your options if your visa application is declined. Our team can also help with issues such as deportation or international adoption, so you can get all the advice and help you need with any immigration issue you might be facing.

I have received a deportation order. Is there anything I can do to avoid being deported?

Yes. Generally, once you get the order, you have the next 30 days to decide what you want to do. In that time, you can choose to file an appeal. Once you do this, your case is put on hold until the appeal is considered — meaning you won’t be deported, even if the 30 days run out before the appeal process finishes.

There are numerous reasons to appeal a deportation order, so do not assume that getting one means you’re out of options. You merely need to know what steps to take to start the appeal, on what grounds you can file it, and how to proceed to give yourself the best chance of having the order rescinded. We can walk you through these steps and offer support during a trying time.

How do I obtain a Green Card? How long will my Green Card remain valid?

You can get a green card for many different reasons, such as getting married to a U.S. citizen or applying for a green card as part of your career. You may also be able to get one as a refugee or an asylum seeker. We can help you determine if you’re eligible and which type of application you should use.

If you do get a green card, it will then last for the next 10 years. Many people use green cards as a stepping stone, allowing them to stay in the U.S. while they work on becoming a citizen, but you do not have to do so. You also have options to renew a green card after it has expired or to replace it when necessary.

Can I Appeal A Visa Refusal Or Deportation Order?

Any decision made by the U.S government concerning your immigration status can be appealed, and there are ways to reduce the chances of deportation and allow you to stay in the country while you await a verdict, although these can depend on your individual circumstances.

Also, if your visa application was declined, then there might be an alternative route that you can take to allow you to stay in the country legally.

Working with our immigration experts is the best way to reduce your chances of having an issue with your application and to ensure that if you do, it is resolved promptly.


Chart Your Path to a Better Tomorrow – Speak to an Employment Visa Attorney Today

Beginning the journey to experiencing the American dream begins with Daniel | Williams Law. Give us a call and experience our compassionate, friendly, and professional legal representation for yourself. We are standing by to answer your questions and set you up for a consultation with a talented and experienced work visa lawyer. You can also connect directly with a member of our staff right now by completing a quick and easy contact form on our website.

Houston Office

Serving: Bellaire, Katy, Sugar Land, and all other areas.

New Orleans Office

Serving: New Orleans, Shreveport, Baton Rouge, and all other areas.