New Orleans Immigration Lawyers

New Orleans Immigration Lawyers

If you’re trying to immigrate to the United States or facing immigration-related issues after arriving, it can help to work with experienced New Orleans immigration lawyers. We hope you’ll give us a call here at Daniel Williams & Associates PLLC. Our female-owned, minority-owned business started in 2009, so we have more than a decade of experience handling these cases.

We are confident, knowledgeable, and empathetic. We also are multilingual, with strong Spanish language skills. For any immigration law services in New Orleans, just give us a call and we would be happy to schedule a consultation.

Why Do People Need New Orleans Immigration Lawyers?

There are many situations that may require immigration law services in New Orleans. A few examples are listed below, but this is not an exhaustive list, so feel free to contact us even if you’re not dealing with one of the following:

  • Getting a visa
  • Extending a visa
  • Getting a green card
  • Marrying a citizen
  • Seeking citizenship yourself
  • Working to reunite your family in the United States
  • Bringing children into the country
  • Defending yourself against deportation
  • Considering your legal rights in the workplace

Our New Orleans immigration lawyers can handle all of this and more. We seek simple, swift communication, and we always put our clients first. Best of all, we understand the issues you’re dealing with and we’re compassionate and caring. We want solutions. Let us fight for you.

Immigration Law FAQs

What types of visas are available if I want to come to the U.S. for a visit or temporary stay?

You can choose from numerous types of visas for your visit, depending on the terms and goals of that visit, along with your own status. For instance, there are tourist visas for a leisure visit, student visas if you’re coming to the U.S. for school, visas for professional athletes, and visas for medical treatment. There are dozens of short-term visas without even considering typical immigration visas, such as those used to help reunite family members.

We can help you determine what would work best for your purposes and help you file the proper paperwork to apply. Remember that you have to abide by the length and terms of the visa, though you may also be able to change your status — by getting a green card, for instance — once you are in the United States. We can assist with all of these steps and ensure that you know exactly what is expected and required by the U.S. government.

What Does An Immigration Attorney Do?

Immigration attorneys can help with your visa application by offering expert support and advice. They can help you to fill out the paperwork correctly, understand which visa option is best for you, and submit the paperwork on your behalf.

They can then chase the paperwork if it takes too long and explain your options if your visa application is declined. Our team can also help with issues such as deportation or international adoption, so you can get all the advice and help you need with any immigration issue you might be facing.

I have received a deportation order. Is there anything I can do to avoid being deported?

Yes. Generally, once you get the order, you have the next 30 days to decide what you want to do. In that time, you can choose to file an appeal. Once you do this, your case is put on hold until the appeal is considered — meaning you won’t be deported, even if the 30 days run out before the appeal process finishes.

There are numerous reasons to appeal a deportation order, so do not assume that getting one means you’re out of options. You merely need to know what steps to take to start the appeal, on what grounds you can file it, and how to proceed to give yourself the best chance of having the order rescinded. We can walk you through these steps and offer support during a trying time.

How do I obtain a Green Card? How long will my Green Card remain valid?

You can get a green card for many different reasons, such as getting married to a U.S. citizen or applying for a green card as part of your career. You may also be able to get one as a refugee or an asylum seeker. We can help you determine if you’re eligible and which type of application you should use.

If you do get a green card, it will then last for the next 10 years. Many people use green cards as a stepping stone, allowing them to stay in the U.S. while they work on becoming a citizen, but you do not have to do so. You also have options to renew a green card after it has expired or to replace it when necessary.

Can I Appeal A Visa Refusal Or Deportation Order?

Any decision made by the U.S government concerning your immigration status can be appealed, and there are ways to reduce the chances of deportation and allow you to stay in the country while you await a verdict, although these can depend on your individual circumstances.

Also, if your visa application was declined, then there might be an alternative route that you can take to allow you to stay in the country legally.

Working with our immigration experts is the best way to reduce your chances of having an issue with your application and to ensure that if you do, it is resolved promptly.

New Orleans City


Call Our New Orleans Immigration Lawyers Today for Exceptional Service

To set up your initial consultation with top-end New Orleans immigration attorneys, just give us a call today at 1-877-229-9997. If you’d like, you can also use the web form. Either way, we look forward to working with you!

"*" indicates required fields


The attorneys at Daniel | Williams also provides additional legal services: