Shreveport Immigration Lawyers

Shreveport Immigration Lawyers

Providing Immigration Law Services to Shreveport, LA

Louisiana is a state that has benefited by having a large immigrant population. However, the immigration process can be highly complicated and frustrating for those seeking to come to the U.S., to live, work and raise a family here, and to move down the path toward citizenship. And the laws are constantly changing. Wherever you or a loved one is on this journey, the Shreveport immigration lawyers at Daniel | Williams & Associates, PLLC can help.

Why Choose Our Immigration Law Firm in Shreveport?

Since 2009, our attorneys have been bringing skilled, knowledgeable representation and guidance to people on all aspects of immigration law. We can help with virtually every type of documentation and legal issue you and your family might have, including:

  • Family-sponsored immigration
  • Temporary visas for work, study, and other purposes
  • Permanent visas, including green cards
  • Refugee and asylum applications
  • Naturalization applications
  • Deportation, exclusion, and removal issues
  • International adoptions
  • And many more immigration law services in Shreveport, LA

Whether you need help completing the proper documentation, expediting the visa process, changing your status or appealing denials, our Shreveport immigration lawyers can provide knowledgeable, compassionate assistance and advice.

We provide criminal law services as well as immigration law services in Shreveport, LA, so if you or a loved one is facing detention and/or deportation for an alleged crime, we can provide skilled, aggressive representation to protect your rights.

Immigration Law FAQs

What types of visas are available if I want to come to the U.S. for a visit or temporary stay?

You can choose from numerous types of visas for your visit, depending on the terms and goals of that visit, along with your own status. For instance, there are tourist visas for a leisure visit, student visas if you’re coming to the U.S. for school, visas for professional athletes, and visas for medical treatment. There are dozens of short-term visas without even considering typical immigration visas, such as those used to help reunite family members.

We can help you determine what would work best for your purposes and help you file the proper paperwork to apply. Remember that you have to abide by the length and terms of the visa, though you may also be able to change your status — by getting a green card, for instance — once you are in the United States. We can assist with all of these steps and ensure that you know exactly what is expected and required by the U.S. government.

What Does An Immigration Attorney Do?

Immigration attorneys can help with your visa application by offering expert support and advice. They can help you to fill out the paperwork correctly, understand which visa option is best for you, and submit the paperwork on your behalf.

They can then chase the paperwork if it takes too long and explain your options if your visa application is declined. Our team can also help with issues such as deportation or international adoption, so you can get all the advice and help you need with any immigration issue you might be facing.

I have received a deportation order. Is there anything I can do to avoid being deported?

Yes. Generally, once you get the order, you have the next 30 days to decide what you want to do. In that time, you can choose to file an appeal. Once you do this, your case is put on hold until the appeal is considered — meaning you won’t be deported, even if the 30 days run out before the appeal process finishes.

There are numerous reasons to appeal a deportation order, so do not assume that getting one means you’re out of options. You merely need to know what steps to take to start the appeal, on what grounds you can file it, and how to proceed to give yourself the best chance of having the order rescinded. We can walk you through these steps and offer support during a trying time.

How do I obtain a Green Card? How long will my Green Card remain valid?

You can get a green card for many different reasons, such as getting married to a U.S. citizen or applying for a green card as part of your career. You may also be able to get one as a refugee or an asylum seeker. We can help you determine if you’re eligible and which type of application you should use.

If you do get a green card, it will then last for the next 10 years. Many people use green cards as a stepping stone, allowing them to stay in the U.S. while they work on becoming a citizen, but you do not have to do so. You also have options to renew a green card after it has expired or to replace it when necessary.

Can I Appeal A Visa Refusal Or Deportation Order?

Any decision made by the U.S government concerning your immigration status can be appealed, and there are ways to reduce the chances of deportation and allow you to stay in the country while you await a verdict, although these can depend on your individual circumstances.

Also, if your visa application was declined, then there might be an alternative route that you can take to allow you to stay in the country legally.

Working with our immigration experts is the best way to reduce your chances of having an issue with your application and to ensure that if you do, it is resolved promptly.

New Orleans City


Call Our Shreveport Immigration Lawyers for a Free Consultation

How can we help you and your family? No matter what your immigration-related needs are, the Shreveport immigration lawyers at Daniel | Williams Law Firm are here to make things easier and help bring you peace of mind. Call us at (877) 229-9997 or use the convenient contact form on our website to schedule a free consultation at no obligation. Se habla español.

"*" indicates required fields


Daniel | Williams also provides additional legal services: