Sugar Land, TX Immigration Law Firm

Visa Img

The immigration lawyers at Daniel Williams & Associates PLLC are dedicated to helping you obtain your immigration dreams. Our immigration law firm in Sugar Land, TX, can guide you through the complex legal steps required due to any immigration issues, and we work hard to both respond to the changing immigration laws and anticipate what’s coming.

Our immigration law services in Sugar Land, TX, aim to make services easily available to all. We also employ staff members who are fluent in Spanish (se habla español) to make sure that our clients are able to communicate their concerns as clearly as possible.

Why Make Us Your Sugar Land, TX, Immigration Lawyers?

We’re a minority and woman-owned law firm, so we’re sympathetic to the plight of anyone who is struggling against the odds for a better future. As an experienced immigration law firm in Sugar Land, TX, we can:

  • Help you file paperwork to apply for a visa
  • Show you how to expedite the process for family-based immigration
  • Counsel you about your immigration options when you want a change of status
  • Help you obtain a work visa, a green card, or naturalized citizenship
  • Defend you in court against adverse actions, like detention and deportation

In addition, our attorneys are conscious of the fact that immigration policies are constantly in flux — and we know more changes are on the horizon. We make sure that we stay on top of everything that is happening with regard to immigration laws, so that we can better protect your rights.

Immigration Law FAQs

What types of visas are available if I want to come to the U.S. for a visit or temporary stay?

You can choose from numerous types of visas for your visit, depending on the terms and goals of that visit, along with your own status. For instance, there are tourist visas for a leisure visit, student visas if you’re coming to the U.S. for school, visas for professional athletes, and visas for medical treatment. There are dozens of short-term visas without even considering typical immigration visas, such as those used to help reunite family members.

We can help you determine what would work best for your purposes and help you file the proper paperwork to apply. Remember that you have to abide by the length and terms of the visa, though you may also be able to change your status — by getting a green card, for instance — once you are in the United States. We can assist with all of these steps and ensure that you know exactly what is expected and required by the U.S. government.

I have received a deportation order. Is there anything I can do to avoid being deported?

Yes. Generally, once you get the order, you have the next 30 days to decide what you want to do. In that time, you can choose to file an appeal. Once you do this, your case is put on hold until the appeal is considered — meaning you won’t be deported, even if the 30 days run out before the appeal process finishes. There are numerous reasons to appeal a deportation order, so do not assume that getting one means you’re out of options. You merely need to know what steps to take to start the appeal, on what grounds you can file it, and how to proceed to give yourself the best chance of having the order rescinded. We can walk you through these steps and offer support during a trying time.

How do I obtain a Green Card? How long will my Green Card remain valid?

You can get a green card for many different reasons, such as getting married to a U.S. citizen or applying for a green card as part of your career. You may also be able to get one as a refugee or an asylum seeker. We can help you determine if you’re eligible and which type of application you should use. If you do get a green card, it will then last for the next 10 years. Many people use green cards as a stepping stone, allowing them to stay in the U.S. while they work on becoming a citizen, but you do not have to do so. You also have options to renew a green card after it has expired or to replace it when necessary.


Do You Need Immigration Law Services in Sugar Land, TX? Contact Us

Our Sugar Land, TX, immigration attorneys care about your future. Let us show you how we can help with your immigration problem. Call us at 1-877-229-9997 or use our online contact form for a quick response.

Houston Office